1. Where can I find information and registration forms for the Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023 to be held at MIA MARKET?
All the information is available at the MAFIZ website, by clicking on Spanish Screenings On Tour and then on the drop-down for Events: https://mafiz.es/es
Information for calls financed by ICEX is also available through the following link: Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023 - Mia Market
2. Why are applications submitted through the MAFIZ or ICEX websites
Because the Malaga Film Festival and ICEX are entities involved in Spanish Screenings XXL, the programme from which this call for Spanish Screenings On Tour originates.
The call for applications on the MAFIZ website is the CALL FOR SHOWCASE, WIP AND REMAKES Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023. Films in the process of development, work in progress and fill with a potential for remakes will be promoted, in line with Spanish Screenings Content.
The call for applications on the ICEX website is the CALL FOR MARKET SCREENINGS Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023, with the objective of enhancing the international distribution of feature films, with special attention to the distribution in movie theatres, and establishing a solid market for the exhibition of feature film. Unreleased feature films whose international career begins at MIA MARKET will be promoted, together with the most noteworthy films to be released in 2024.
3. Do applications have to be submitted through the MIA MARKET website?
No, applications for Spanish projects that want to participate in Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023 must be filed through the MAFIZ or ICEX websites.
CALL FOR SHOWCASE, WIP AND REMAKES Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023:https://mafiz.es/en/evento/spanish-screening-on-tour/convocatoria
CALL FOR MARKET SCREENINGS Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023: Spanish Screenings on Tour 2023 - Mia market Roma (icex.es)
4. Will the selected films and projects form part of the MIA Market programming?
Yes, they will be part of the programming through Spanish Screenings On Tour, and will also be able to participate in other activities of the market.
5. What does participation in Spanish Screenings On Tour entail?
6. What does selection include?
- Opportunity to present the project or work in progress to the international industry accredited at MIA Market.
- Schedule of B2B meetings for projects selected at Spanish Screenings Showcase.
- Opportunity to present International Market Premieres to buyers accredited at MIA MARKET.
- Diverse networking opportunities.
- Visibility in communication materials of Spanish Screenings On Tour, MIA Market and in spanishscreenings.online
7. What types of projects are more likely to be selected at the Spanish Screenings Showcase call for submissions?
- Free accreditation for MIA Market (1 accreditation per company).
- Invitation for 3 nights of accommodation in a single room, including breakfast, and round trip flight for the main producer of the selected project/film.
Feature films and fiction and non-fiction series, animation in the development phase with potential for co-production with Europe.
: Spanish animation projects, either feature films or series, in the development stage or in pre-production that have not yet exhausted all sources of funding.
Fiction and non-fiction feature films
: Spanish feature film projects in the development stage or in pre-production that have not yet exhausted all sources of funding.
: Spanish fiction or documentary series or miniseries with a mínimum of 3 episodes.
8. Can I register more than one project?
Yes, you can register several projects, but the selection committee will only choose one project per company for each category.
9. ¿Can a film that does not have a sales agent be selected?
Yes, provided the producer's attendance at MIA Market is guaranteed.
10. Is it essential that the producers of the selection projects attend MIA Market in person?
Yes, the producer's attendance must be guaranteed. The inability of guarantee said attendance will be a cause for discarding the application.
11. Who selects the projects
A committee consisting of representatives of Spanish Screenings, ICEX and ICAA.
12. What are the main selection criteria?
The selection criteria for the different categories will prioritise productions of great artistic value, originality, viability of the project, as well as their potential for international coproduction and circulation, or their suitability for MIA MARKET, with the objective of representing visions that are as independent and plural as possible. The Committee will pay special attention to the diversity of the proposals in respect to form, content and authorship.
13. What is the deadline for submitting applications for the different calls of Spanish Screenings On Tour 2023?
26 July 2023 at 23:59 Spanish mainland time.
14. ¿Where should I go if I have more questions or queries?