This call for applications is made in connection with the Malaga Festival Fund & Co-Production Event, hereinafter referred to as MAFF, in the framework of MAFIZ (Malaga Film Festival Industry Zone), which will be held from the 4th to the 8th of March, 2024.
With the sections Social MAFF and MAFF Women Screen industry, MAFF seeks to collaborate in the development of an innovative Ibero-American cinematography with content that raises social awareness and prompts reflection on the change that is needed in the world with the objective of generating more inclusive and collaborative societies.
The period for the registration of projects is from the 25th of October to the 10th of November 2023.
The selected projects will be announced in Ventana Sur 2023.
MAFF is a space that favors the artistic, financial and innovative growth of projects, and their visibility, generating a network of contacts, increasing the possibilities of financing and promoting effective communication channels that facilitate the dialogue between producers and professionals of the global audiovisual industry.
For that purpose, there are training and mentoring activities, as well as business connections, that contribute to entering into agreements for the future financing of the selected projects.
MAFF brings together, in an unprecedented manner and in a single location, i.e. the city of Malaga, the main international co-production funds that exist at the international level.
We seek to expose the talent of new Ibero-American film directors and audiovisual producers in direct connection with the network of financing and professional support that MAFF offers as a gateway to the internationalization of new Ibero-American productions of interest for audiences and the global audiovisual market, with the objective of carrying out viable innovative audiovisual content, with attractive themes and feasible production possibilities.
Malaga will be the platform that contributes to the development of the audiovisual sector with new quality film projects of international relevance.
● To select, orient and provide creative, economic and financial advice to generate feasible quality audiovisual projects that facilitates their insertion in the world market and thus contribute to the internationalization of projects.
● To provide personalized training and practice to producers and directors in accordance with the needs of the teams that integrate the selected projects, in order to acquire tools that will be useful at in-person business meetings in the city of Malaga.
● To promote innovation in business and production models of new feature films with a potential for international co-production for their subsequent distribution and sale in different markets by means of different methods.
● To be the communication and networking platform of reference, where industry professionals can get together and learn about projects on the pipeline in their initials stages.
● To generation new spaces for reflection, debate and discussion regarding the matters that affect the global audiovisual ecosystem and that have an impact on the projects included in MAFF’s catalogue.
● To insert the new players of the Ibero-American audiovisual industry and create new content through a dialogue with audiences: new diverse spectators that form part of our ever-growing audiovisual activity.